Brisk me away

Thursday, September 1, 2011

it's that time again, time for another blog post!  i know all 3 of you that read this are pretty pumped right now!  y'all should know that my last post took my entirely too long to put together.  why you ask?  because blogger is smarter than me.  boo.  my goal this time around is for this post to take me less than an entire hour to write.  i'm hoping this is not too lofty of a goal... :/
this week in my life...
i've worked a little, played a little, lazed a little, read a little, baked a little and everything in between.

what i made...
banana bread!  a lady at work made some earlier this week and it was sooo yummy!  i knew that it should be a baking project for this week since I had some yucky brown bananas sitting on my counter.  since i've never actually made banana bread before, i went to my trusty allrecipes app on my phone to find a recipe that looked good.  i used this one HERE . it called for sour cream instead of oil which i thought was interesting.  this bread turned out so moist and delish, just like the reviews said it would.  i added the cinnamon and ground cloves, as one of the reviews suggested, and i wasn't sorry i did.  i also substituted walnuts for pecans because pecans are what i already had.   it should be noted that i had to go out and buy a loaf pan in order to make this...that's what happens when you live with roommates for the last 5 years and they one by one get married and move out...they take their loaf pans with them haha!  i am excited to have a loaf pan of my own now!  it's the little things people...
 what i'm loving... :

little dog got a haircut!  for those of you that don't know (which is probably no one since only 3 of my friends even know about this blog) this is Trooper.  he is always one of my favorite things in life, but this is especially the case after he comes back from the groomer so fresh and clean. 

Pinterest.  i was trying to explain how wonderful this is to one of my co-workers the other day and she just wasn't buying it.  so sad for her.  pinterest is this digital pinboard where you can "pin" ideas you love.  you create boards in different categories and then pin away!  there are so many wonderful ideas that i've found on this!  will i make every idea i pinned on here?  no way!  but it's a nice go-to place when i get a hankering for a project.  plus i really love looking at all of the pretty pictures :)  



alrighty, i think that's all for now...mostly because it's almost my bedtime. don't all the cool kids go to bed at 9:30?? i know, the answer is no.  boo.  oh well. it's really the only way i can convince myself to head straight to the coffee pot when my alarm goes off at 5am.  being an adult is super. 



No comments:

Post a Comment