Brisk me away

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

just call me auntie

so this weekend i made a whirlwind trip home to see these 2 people.
this is my brother sonny and his wife annie.  i wish i had a background story for this picture...but i might have swiped it from facebook... stalker much? um yes.  but it doesn't count if it's family right?  i did it all in the name of a good blog post because really, who likes a blog without any pictures to look at?  so you're welcome for this little stalker addition.
anyway, just as we were headed out to dinner, sonny made a little off hand comment to my dad about knowing that you're old when you become a grandpa.  at first we were all like "haha whatever, let's go eat."  my dad stopped and asked if that was a joke or for real.  sure enough, IT WAS FOR REAL!  they are going to have a baby!  I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT! 
we are all beyond excited!  i wish i had pictures of our expressions when we found this out, but of course i don't.  i just want to remember this moment as such a sweet family memory.  it was so fun that night making our predictions for boy vs.girl and brainstorming good grandparent names for my parents.  i'm excited for this next season for our family.  more to come on this as the days draw closer to his or her arrival.  i plan to be a doting aunt to this lil' preshie.  i can't even wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment